Sonntag, 19. Juni 2011

Schmuck-Mensch des Tages

Mia Maljojoki



In my jewellery artwork, I capture moments from my daily life in the form of physical objects that can be worn by others. I record subtle spaces in plaster. They are physical expressions of feelings and experiences with that which I use everyday. I reflect on simple common objects such as my bedpost, the doorknob of my favorite café, plastic spoons from the local ice cream shop, visits with a friend, or the touch between a mother and a child. Yet each one defines the horizon of an emotional landscape that I experience daily. I cast my own body and the bodies of friends and family. Each piece has captured a moment of my life, and has a means by which I can connect and reconnect to others.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen